A location with history
In the year 1871 Prince Willem Frederik Hendrik van Oranje Nassau built a house for his steward. This house was named the "Prins Hendriksoord." On the opposite side they placed stables and a splendid carriage house. In 1926, some 50 years later, this carriage house was bought by the Netherlands' YMCA (CJV/YMCA Nederland), to be used as a country house. At its opening on July third 1962, the house was named: Ernst Sillem Hoeve. Named after the banker Ernst Sillem who, as a treasurer, meant a lot to the YMCA.
Over the years, many expansions and renovations have taken place that transformed the former carriage house into a professional and attractive hotel.